Friday, October 31, 2008

The Cow and the Ghost


Our church group did a "trunk or treat" for all of the kids this evening, so we figured it was a great time to dress up our dogs and let them meet everybody. Our poor dogs. To be honest, I always made fun of people who dress up their dogs. I mean really, it's pretty goofy. But they just looked so good. Auggie went as a cow, as you can see, which we thought was appropriate. Penny was a ghost. Auggie was definitely the star. We were mugged by little kids who didn't care about getting candy, they were so interested in Auggie. Of course, Auggie was cool with the attention. I think he dug the costume, too. We probably would've done something other than a cow, but your XXL dog costumes are a somewhat limited selection.

We also always carve a few pumpkins, so this was this year's version. We found a really cool website, www.pumpkinlady.com, where we downloaded several templates. It is sort of a shame that this much work only lasts a few hours, but it was fun nevertheless. I recommend clicking on the picture, it looks better bigger. The one on the left is a witch and an apple. The one on the right is a skeleton climbing out of the pumpkin.

Sharon survived the first round of tooth extraction, if only barely. We're definitely not looking forward to getting the other two pulled on Monday, because now she knows exactly what to expect. All I have to say is, thank goodness for vicodin. For her, not me.

3 comments:

karis stapley said...

Awesome pumpkins!! Sorry Sharon, about your mouth - I feel your pain! I've had waaaaay too much dental work for a girl my age, especially since I take extremely good care of them. Jace teases that I'll need dentures by the time I'm 40! Darn genetics!!

Nicole said...

Cool pumpkins. Looks like they took a long time!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, your dog costumes just made my day. Thanks for sharing. How funny and cute were they?!!

Sorry about the dental pain. :( No fun! Do milk shakes help? Or a more healthy smoothie? So sorry.