Friday, October 3, 2008

Pack Meeting and the Debate

Yesterday was Cub Scout Pack Meeting. I'm the Cubmaster, so that's sorta my gig. Sharon digs the uniform, though, so it's not all bad. And I get to lead the Cubs in great songs like "Alice the Camel," "Lord Baden Powell," and "On Top of Spaghetti." They're particularly fond of "Alice the Camel." Anyway, they all seemed to be pretty happy about the Pack Meeting and we gave out a lot of awards. My definition of a successful Pack Meeting is if none of the Cubs cry, everybody likes the treats, and we're done in an hour.

We had to hustle back last night, of course, because Sharon was keenly interested in watching the Palin - Biden debate. Of course our opinion is fairly significantly biased, but we thought Sarah Palin did a heck of a job. I don't know if it will be enough to overcome all the momentum that Barack has, but you just never know. Oh well, Mitt in 2012.

We're excited for General Conference this weekend! It is sorta nice to be able to just turn on the tv twice a year and go to church in your living room. Sharon and I have been on a pretty serious health kick since the first of the year. We exercise usually six days a week and we are extremely careful with what we eat. Except for on the weekend. Weekends are a free-for-all. It actually works out very well, because whatever craving we have we can always say, "it'll wait until Saturday." So needless to say we plan for Saturdays and Sundays. Broiled cheese in some form or fashion is usually involved. Anyway, we try to make General Conference weekend extra special. Lots of fun stuff to munch on. I'll have to get back on and give you a run-down of the menu.

Hope all is well with everyone!

3 comments:

karis stapley said...

Nice! Mr. Pack Man! Yea, I feel the same way with my dance girls, if none of the girls cried my the end, hurt eachother, or themselves, then it went pretty good! And we are so looking forward to conf. weekend too! Almost feels like a movie premier being able to eat, be comfy, and be excited for the speakers and what they'll have to say to us. So fun to hear bout you guys more often now. Blogs are so fun.

Unknown said...

Hey I am so glade that you guys started a blog.... now we can know what you guys are up to. Sounds like things are going good.. shonnee

Jessica said...

Loved the definition of the successful Pack Meeting. Made me laugh. Good to know, as I'll be a part of those some day.

How awesome to be on such a great health kick! If only we could get on board. . . thanks for sharing. Ooooh, I want to be at your place for conference!