Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Saddest Thing Ever :(


My dear husband is the writer of the Gosney family blog. However, I found out the saddest thing ever on Friday that I felt worthy enough to be my very first post.

Friday was quite the frigid day as those of you here in AR know. I decided it would be nice to treat my team to Starbucks. My favorite warm beverage ever is Starbucks regular hot chocolate with caramel syrup (regular hc not signature, venti, no sauce, add a straw). They have the best hot cocoa on the planet and so while I was there I decided to ask what was in it (I've been drinking it for years, so why I decided to ask now I still don't know). The barista proceeded to tell me that they add vanilla and mocha syrup. MOCHA SYRUP, what?!? I must not have heard her correctly, maybe she was talking about the signature hot cocoa, which I find disgusting by the way. So I drank my hot cocoa and savored every sip. Matt checked the ingredients on line that night and the barista was in fact talking about my hot beverage of choice.

Matt is happy about this new information because it is going to save him some money. I on the other hand still have some healing to do. If there are any of you that currently drink this cocoa and shouldn't be drinking coffee, I apologize for posting this blog.

4 comments:

David and Cori said...

I wish you could hear me laughing right now Shar. Hilarious!!! Maybe you should come up with your own special homemade recipe!

karis stapley said...

Man, that stinks! Sorry Sharon! We love hot cocoa too! So good to know for future reference. Jace makes some of the best hot cocoa around in my opinion. He adds some good little touches to it that I'd not seen till we got married. Maybe he'll share his secrets with you! :)

Jen said...

Hey Sharon -
I am a friend of Matt's. Mocha syrup is just a chocolate syrup. It does not have coffee in it. They make a Mocha (coffee drink) by adding Mocha syrup to coffee. Mocha syrup is just pretty much sugar and cocoa powder. So, do not fret and drink away...

Jessica said...

Ha! I love it! I'm glad I read your last post before this one or I would have had to go into some serious mourning!